Yeah, the Phils won last night and are only 4 1/2 games out of the wild card, but that hasn't changed the fact that management has given up on the team for this year and next year according to Pat Gillick. The 2006 Phillies slogan was, "Red Means Go!" Apparently someone forgot to tell the Phils that as they had another abysmal April and were playing catchup ever since.
So, now that Pat Gillick says we won't contend till 2007 the faithful over at Phillies Phans have a few 2007 slogan ideas...
- Red Means Sell
- Not as good as the mets, Not as promising as the marlins, Not as smart as the braves. But we've got the raddest, reddest uniforms
- At least we're not getting your hopes up again.
- Come and watch Utley and Howard waste their best years away.
- The 2007 Phillies, you'll laugh, you'll cry.
- Red means embarrassment.
- 23 Games Back in the Division, But #1 In Your Hearts
- The time was then
- Your 2007 Phillies, Cheaper But Worse.
- You Gotta Believe We Can Win Almost Half Our Games.
- Our GM gave up on us.....you can too.
- We Promise to Meet Lowered Expectations
- We Set Our Standards Low And Then Fail To Meet Them.
- Watch our new prospects turn into stars.....oh wait, nevermind.
- We're still better than the Nationals! (We think.)
- The 2007 Philadelphia Phillies: Expect Nothing And You'll Never Be Disappointed!
- Grade A Ballpark, Single A Talent
- See baseball's best. A new team coming every few days.
- Your 2007 Phillies: Another Page in the 130 Year Plan
- At Least We're Not the Pirates............yet
- Our promotions will bring you to the park, our team will send you home.
- The 2007 Phillies: More Suck For Your Buck
- Only 2 to 3 years away from being 2 to 3 years away.
- Over-promise, Under-deliver
- We'll be in contention for the wild card at least until your taxes have to be filed!
- 10 generations, 1 recipe
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.