Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm exhausted, and there is still one night left

The Midwest Music Summit has been several kinds of fantastic. I don't think I have been to bed before 3 the past two nights. I have seen far too much good music.

Quick observations and thoughts

Margot and the Nuclear So and So's sre still phenomenal and made the Vogue the place to be Thursday night.

Even if not for them, Silversun Pickups would have made the evening fantastic. The crowd was eating them up, and I don't think I have seen any band on the stage of the Vogue look more appreciative towards a crowd in years. That is always great to see.

Last night, the Songwriters in the round was unbelievably good. Vess Ruthenberg, Otis Gibbs, and Richard Edwards just trading off songs on the same stage. That alone was worth the $20 for a wristband.

Few things are as cool as just hearing silence come over a room when Otis starts into a song. He's just got an effortless commanding stage prescence like no other.

The Musical Family Tree showcase could not have been more fun.

I don't know how I will make it through this evening, or even more so work until 6pm, but I will be trying!

No comments: