Friday, July 07, 2006

Headin to Charleston, SC

A few weeks back I wrote about some bad luck which had the museum flying me to Charleston, SC the day of the World Cup final. Well, through some begging, pleading, and switching of schedules, I have worked out a flight that will have me touch ground a few hours before the final actually starts, provided there aren't any delays.

And what's more? I have a excellent place to watch the game. Just .3 miles from my hotel is Blackbaud Stadium, home of the A-League side the Charleston Battery. (Coincidentally the training I am being flown down for is with Blackbaud who is a software developer.) And in the stadium itself, on the second floor is The Three Lions Pub which according to everyone I have talked to who has been to the place, is a phenomenal English style pub. And from the video tour on the page I linked it does look to be something special.

So, yeah, sometimes good things work out for good people. I hope to be able to get out and enjoy some of Charleston as well, as I have heard only good things about the city. If anyone has been and has any recs of things to see or do for me, fire away. I will only be there Sunday-Tuesday though. Truthfully, I wish it was longer, but oh well.

And as you are watching the final, remember, way back when, this guy predicted France to win the whole damn thing which may be the only damn thing I got right this whole year.

2 comments:

Jim said...

You're a frickin' genius, Scot. :)

The Three Lions looks pretty damn nice. We'll miss you at Radio Radio. I'll be pulling for Les Bleus to send off Zidane in style by vanquishing those dirty diving Italians.

scot said...

yeah, jim i meant to send you an email earlier in the week bout radio radio, but i got caught up at work.

i almost feel like i am letting down roni and tufty as well by not being there!