Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blog Titles of the Year

In stubling around GreenCine Daily I spent my lunch hour perusing some other film blogs, and unless Jim decides to ressurrect the late 11 a.m. Air Raid I am suggesting that these two blogs have the best titles (and good content to boot) on the entire www.

Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule - What's not to love about that title. Well, one the fact that it may be changing soon. Myself, I can take or leave Sergio as a filmaker, and the infield fly rule, well, it is one of the stranger yet neccessary rules in the worlds greatest game. But, fotr the merging of film and baseball so poetically Sadly, this blogs author may be looking to change the title. I hope he doesn't.

Like Anna Karina's Sweater - If anyone has been paying attention to my amateurish film ramblings you know that I am more or less in love with Anna Karina, and you should be too. At any rate, it's a title I wish I thought of myself. And it's a great blog too, complete with contests.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem ahem! "riders on the corn"?! genius!!

Anonymous said...

Talk about great blog names -- this one is brilliant!

Thanks for the mention. I've had look around your site and I'm impressed. Any who loves Birth that much is A-OK in my book.

Anonymous said...

Talk about great blog names -- this one is brilliant!

Thanks for the mention. I've had look around your site and I'm impressed. Any who loves Birth that much is A-OK in my book.

scot said...

spitz, your's is a livejournal not a blog, but genius nonetheless.

filmbrain, thanks for the compliments. And I definitely am thrilled to see someone else besides me loved Birth!

Dennis Cozzalio said...

Scot: Thanks so much for your mention. The reaction I've gotten since going public with my consideration of changing the blog name has been overwhelming (if such a vast word can be used to characterize the response to my name-change post) in favor of keeping the name just the way it is. And it's been convincing as well. I'm probably gonna stick with it.

And Filmbrain's right: you've got an excellent blog yourself. And Birth really is great film. I'm so glad to see that more people who've seen it really love it. Can I put your site on my sidebar?

scot said...

Hey Dennis, thanks for the compliments. I am glad to hear that you are leaning towards keeping the name fotr your blog, as far as I am concerned its a classic.

Yeah, feel free to put my site on your sidebar. I likely will be doing the same for yours if it's okay with you.

scot said...

Dennis, I should also say I just read your writing on Birth and it's phenomenal. It makes me wanna rewach the movie right now.

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»