Saturday, August 19, 2006

A bit more on St. Duncan Oughton



Yeah, I coulda just thrown this in as an update on yesterdays post. But it's game day, and it's the most excited I've been for a Crew game in at least 2 months. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Duncan will be inserted into the starting lineup this evening. After missing a season and a half with injuries he starts his very first game back. In a must win situation. There is much that can be said about why it's a smart move to bring him back, and what he means to this team. But Dunc's own words sum it up best...

"People can think what they want, that I’m going to put the team on my back or whatever," he said. "That’s untrue. The 30 guys next to me will be carrying me along as well. I’m just glad to be back in the swing of things, with the Crew emblem on the front of me and the No. 8 on the back.

God Save Columbus Crew.

No comments: