Tuesday, April 25, 2006

If the Crew wins and nobody see's it.....

Take that Landon Donovan! Apparently all the Crew needed to do to win a game (their first of the season!) is bring out their most bizzare uniform combination yet, and have the game broadcasted exclusively on HDnet, which aproximately 0.9% of Americans get.

No worries though, a win is a win. And even if I didn't see it, it still counts. And don't get me wrong, I am not complaining that the game was only on HDnet. I get the business aspect of it, and the TV rights, and HDnet needing to have a few "exclusives" to boost their product. But, what is discourging is that I will not see a game for a whole damn month just as this team seems to be putting it together. This Saturday vs Kansas City is another HDnet exclusive and then I miss two games due to my scheduled trip to Paria Canyon. 4 straight games? I don't think I have missed even two straight Crew games in the past 5 years. Wow.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Steve Sampson for being the epitome of class. Ya see, Sampson expressed interest in the LA job when Sigi was still coaching there. After Sigi gets fired (while in first place!!) Sampson takes over. The first time these two meet on the field, Schmid takes what is by all accounts a less talented Crew team and beats LA on Sampson's home field. Sampson of course leaves the field without shaking Schmid's hand because he is a combination of coward and scumbag. Well done, Steve.

Anyone, 3 points for Columbus Crew. Not bad.

No comments: