Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cross Training? and a chapter update..

Last night I had my first soccer ref certification class. I will be certified as a grade 8 ref by February 12, and making far too much money to run around for an hour in the sun on Sundays. Seriously, some leagues are between 30-60 dollars a game. Thats not bad. I mean it's not exactly a long run. May it count as cross training? Not really, and since Sunday is my long run day, we may need to switch that. BUT, I don't see that being a problem.

I've been rethinking my running program. I had been running 5-6 days a week with a base run of 6 miles. But, as I have brought it down a bit the past few weeks to take care of my knee I am feeling totally revived on my runs. I am thinking perhaps to do a 3-4 day a week plan with 8-10 miles a day. Maybe do core work the other days. It's something to think about. I was dreading the treadmill today. Just not feeling it. But a half mile into my run, I realized I could go forever today. I only went 6 miles, but my word, it was the most effortless 6 miles I have had in ages. I was quite pleased.

The Kip Winger Running Team has added another chapter today. Texas, we love you!

Indiana.
Connecticut.
Pennsylvania.
Texas.

You feeling the love? Kip is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

!El Capitan Supremo!
Greetings from Texas. We have 3 members of the Texas chapter so far. Me of course being their fearless leader. We may not be the fastest, but we train hard and give it our all. We are just waiting for TKWRT jerseys to wear to the races. Talk to you soon. And soccer is great. I am enrolling our son when he turns 3. I grew up playing and am a big fan. By the way, Kip Winger rocks!

-Krys

scot said...

You know, not all of us can be as fast as kip spitz, but we do what we can. It's awesome to have a Texas chapter!!! Good Luck on your upcoming races! I hope you have a great vegan meal set aside for when you finish your marathon. And If you do, please post pictures! :)

Unknown said...

I have been a certified ref since high school..

Congratulations. :)